1. Prefixes and suffixes are taped to the table. (You can also use sight words, vowel sounds, vocabulary, etc.)
2. Teacher calls out word that has target prefixes or suffix. (e.g. tolerate)
3. The first person to hit the target affix gets a point.
Other Considerations: I like to make the rule that in order to get a point the student must hit the correct word part the first time.
2. Obstacles are cleared. (Furniture, cords, etc.)
3. Tape is put on the floor for the three teams to line up behind.
Other Considerations: Conduct a practice round; tell students they must wait for you to finish reading the clue before they leave the line. Also, once they leave the line they cannot receive help from their group. The first person to hit the correct answer with their fly swatter wins the point for their team. Again, if they hit the wrong answer first, I do not give them the point. They then return to the line and give the flyswatter to the next person. Stand back and watch the fun!