- Below is a slide show of each piece of the portfolio (all documents are available in an editable version at the end of this blog).
- The only thing that I printed in color was the Table of Contents. I made copies of the portfolio documents on colored paper to match the table of contents.
- We used paper folders with three prongs for the portfolios (Target .49)
- This project was done in small groups rotations:
- Group 1 (Independent)- Vocabulary, Performance
- Group 2 (Paraprofessional)- Writing and Fluency
- Group 3- (Teacher)- Word Work and Reading Comprehension
- Whole Class: Cover Sheet and Table of Contents
At the end of this semester, instead of just letting students take a pile of graded papers home, we created portfolios of their work. They had to select, categorize, and reflect on their work from the entire semester. At the end of this project, the pride in room 101 was palpable. Following are some suggestions/points for implementation of the portfolio project:
Leave a Reply.
Ms. Young is a teacher who wants to keep a record of what works!